Friday, October 4, 2013

Gecko in my Balcony

When I first witnessed a gecko darting across the wall in my balcony I had a strong adrenaline rush and ran away quickly in fear. I was afraid that it could be harmful causing any diseases or so. After checking online, I realized that geckos are pretty harmless and even kept as pets by some.

I started being less fearful of geckos after learning about their harmless nature. They kept coming to my balcony time and again to visit the plants I was growing in pots in my balcony.

green gecko
Green Gecko
Although I have lost my fear from geckos, except from the really large ones particularly when they run so fast, yet they seem to still by absolutely terrified upon seeing me. I tried once and again to approach them slowly to win their trust but without succeeding. I even tried to calm down my thoughts thinking that maybe they sense one's own energy and probably perceive things through their senses in a different way than humans do. It still didn't work, yet.

I have noticed that after watering the plants they tend to come. I noticed that they come for humidity. I realized later that after watering the plants some humidity loving insects flourish in the soil inside the pots and the geckos seem to feed on them hence their appearance after I water the plants.

I'm still unable to enjoy looking at them or observing them. I only manage to get a very brief glimpse of them every now and then as I enter the balcony and see them suddenly darting by hiding behind some pot as I enter.

No comments:

Post a Comment